Rockys K9 Rescue
Rocky’s K9 Rescue was set up by Merna Karam to save dogs and cats from a death sentence at the pounds in NSW. Our aim is to re-home good and deserving animals with a new family for the rest of the pet’s life.
Rocky’s is staffed by a dedicated team of volunteers who work as foster carers, transport the animals, work on fundraising campaigns, administration, website, and Facebook and social media.
- To save, de-sex and rehome as many dogs and cats as possible.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of age, size or breed. Rocky’s is to aid all dogs and cats.
- To assist people to find low cost de-sexing for their pets in NSW.
- To raise awareness of the plight of animals abandoned in pounds across NSW
- To work as part of the animal welfare movement with the aim to reduce the number of unnecessary deaths in pounds via rescue, de-sexing and education.
Rockys’s rescue does not profit from fees, or pay wages. Our rescue is staffed by volunteers. Monies collected from fundraising and donations are used in direct aid for the dogs, cats and other animals.
In summary, cash donations are spent on the following –
- Boarding kennel fees
- Veterinary Fees- desexing, vaccination, health checks, treatments, micro- chipping, worming etc….
- Intestinal Worm and Heart Worm Treatment and Prevention
- Dog Food, Cat Food- Dry Food, Wet Food
- Flea treatments, Flea Prevention
- Medicated shampoos, flea shampoos, de- tangle shampoos
- Dog Ear Cleaners
- Dog Collars,Dog Leads and Dog Beds
- Cat Collars, Toys, Cat Litter
- Toys & Balls
- Kennels, beds, towels & bowls
- Postage stamps