Donations = More Dogs & More Cats Rescued!
Rocky’s Rescue survives on cash donations and we rely on them just to keep going. The more we receive, the more dogs and cats we can rescue. We do not pay wages and all donations are used in direct aid to the animals. Rocky’s is staffed by volunteers. Rocky’s K9 Rescue has a fundraising license – (CFN 21509). Your donation is used in direct aid to our animals and makes a world of difference to our babes. Scroll to bottom of page to view how we use donation money.
Donation to our Bank Account
- BSB: 062 147
- ACC: 10208432
- Account name: Rocky’s K9 Rescue
Donation via Credit Card
Credit card donations are made through PayPal – although you do not need a Paypal account. Just click the Donate button below and follow the prompts.
Donations by Cheque or Money Order
Please make your cheque out to Rocky’s K9 Rescue and please mark it ‘not negotiable’ and send to our postal address below.
- Rockys K9 Rescue
- Attention: Merna Karam
- PO Box 3043
Lansvale NSW 2166
Donations in person
To visit the shelter or to deliver donations personally, please contact Merna on 0405 320 601.
How Do We Use Donation Money?
Donation money is used in direct aid to the animals. Rocky’s is run and staffed by volunteers, Rocky’s does not pay wages.
Every dog or cat that is rescued costs money – beginning with their veterinary treatment. All of our dogs and cats are microchipped, desexed, intestinally wormed, heart wormed tested (and treated if necessary) and vaccinated. We then place them in Foster Care while we search for their forever home. Sometimes we are unable to find a foster care place and in such cases, we board the pet in a boarding kennel. This is not ideal, but we do our best by visiting them regularly for walks, socialisation, training and to attend to their needs until we either find a foster place, or new home.
Of course we receive an adoption fee as our pets are rehomed. However, the costs of running an animal shelter far out-weigh the money we receive from that fee. We do not turn away from injured animals and we have saved many pets who had no chance of being rescued because they had medical needs. We hold sausage sizzles and run raffles, hold events etc. to raise funds. It’s a constant battle.
Boarding fees are expensive & calculated daily and we are always paying off large bills – usually paid for by (our founder Merna’s) credit card!. However, we feel that it worth it to save a life of a beautiful and deserving dog or cat.
In summary, cash donations are spent on the following:
- Boarding kennel fees
- Veterinary Fees- desexing, vaccination, health checks, treatments, micro- chipping, worming etc.
- Veterinary fees – surgery & treatments for sick or injured animals
- Food – dog & cat, wet & dry. We try to buy in bulk and we cook a lot of food ourselves at the shelter
- Grooming – for matted dogs
- Intestinal worm and heart- worm treatment and prevention
- Flea treatments, flea prevention
- Medicated shampoos, flea shampoos, de- tangle shampoos
- Dog ear cleaners
- Dog collars,dog leads and dog beds
- Cat collars, toys, cat litter
- Toys & balls
- Kennels, beds, towels & bowls
- Postage stamps
- Phone bills
- We really need collars such as the ones offered on Kumalong Australia. If you would like to purchase one for the shelter, please see them here.
- Just text us on 0405 320 601 and we will let you know where to send 🙂
- Karanda Dog Beds are indestructible! Just what we need at the shelter..If you can help us by donating one, please click here. We have a special offer of free shipping!
If you would like to donate any of the items above, please email Rocky’s.